Monday, December 17, 2007

She sews so swell...

Second weekend of sewing...

The pillow completed last week up against the back cushion this weekend.

I'm using velcro instead of zippers. Zippers, even plastic, don't last long in a marine environment, although these will be inside the boat. There's still a lot of humidity around...
The next cushion to work on is a difficult one because it has a taper to it, which means it's not just a "nice" straight cut. Although, there's nothing all that easy about cutting a piece of fabric 77 inches in length, straight...

Since I can't very easily pattern out the taper, I cut a square and used chalk to mark the sew line on the fabric.
Wish I had "scratch & sniff" on this website... The fabric is sooooooooooooo soooooft ;)
This hasn't been an easy venture, not that I expected it to be.
But, I hope I can get these cushions sewn before guests arrive...

No comments: