Thursday, June 29, 2006

Rainboat...



I decided to spend a major thunderstorm on Athena...
I discovered most of the portlights (Athena has 4 small ports and 6 large ports) and the two hatches leaked like seives ! ugh. This in addition to the stanchions that I knew leaked...
Still too much to do to create livable creature comfort, so I've postponed moving onto the sailboat until August 1st... well, that was until my landlord found someone to take over my lease... now I'm setting personal goal of moving on July 15th !!!! Taking off time from work work and tackling the long list of things to do...
Todo lists related to the leaking portlights includes taking one of each size portlight out to confirm thickness of lens; deciding to use Lexan or plexiglass; have new portlight lenses cut; take out old lenses; and, install new (easier said than done!).

No comments: