Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Mas Marina

I'm starting to meet my neighbors at the marina slowly...
I'm thinking of keeping a journal of the marina. It's so interesting to watch things change every day. Sometimes I see dolphins feeding along the mangroves in the morning; sometimes they're just swiming by. There are often little Green Herons sitting nearby when I come home in the evenings; perched on a rope or the dock rail.

In the mornings I sometimes get to see Roseate Spoonbills flying over head. I also frequently see Ibis and Yellow Crowned Night Herons.
Although the "Snook light" has been out the past few evenings, when it's on, it is fun to watch the fish do their water dances just below the surface. There have been a lot of Jacks lately, and some Tarpon. The Snook usually hang out at the edge of the mangroves. I see them sometimes if the tide and the light are just right.

The sailboat transom is now clean and ready for some blue paint... I'm thinking of converting the color of the boat from green to blue, starting with the transom...

3 comments:

Mary said...

Will you paint the whole transom blue or just the lettering for the name? I think the blue is a great idea to match what you have done inside and it IS your favorite color as I recall.

Mary said...

Maybe the journal could be a "Captain's Log"? with a date and just some notes about what happened that day. You could even do it as a blog linked to this blog or just hand written.

Zen Jen said...

oooohhhh... I REALLY like that idea :) A "Captains Log" Blog :)
I'll do IT !!