Tuesday, December 19, 2006

3rd Trip pics


Blogger seems to be getting finicky about how many pics I can upload to an entry. So, here are a couple more pics to go along with the following entry about the 3rd trip to Panther Key. One pic is of Lynne & Russell on Blue Highway passing me as we exited the channel north of Panther Key, heading back home... Blue Highway is much bigger than Athena. Russell, how big is Blue Highway???
Once home I almost crashed into the dock, even though someone from the dock came to help. Sometimes I think that throws me off a little bit, having someone I haven't planned how to dock her come help. I must keep working on my docking. I'm not as afraid of it anymore though. At first the "driving" around of the boat is what most scared me, but with each trip, it becomes easier and I'm much more eager to go out again and again, with fear no longer really holding me back :) Having the engine still not completely reliable is also still taking away from my trips a little bit. The stress of it like a low vibration throughout my trips. I can only imagine how much more enjoyment I'll be able to get out of the trips when I'm not worried about going in and out of channels around shallows, docks, and very expensive boats wondering if the engine is going to fail at the most inoppurtune moment !!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blue Highway is a 44 foot Peterson, she's not really at home in the shallow waters of SW Florida with her 6.8 foot draft. But she sure sails well! Yet most boats can pass her with ease when in water no greater than 6 1/2 feet. LOL