Sunday, February 24, 2008

St. Pete Nude...

I mean, NOOD!!!!!

When I first heard the word NOOD, sounds like nude, I thought, "wow, people sailboat race nude... I mean, I know a lot of sailors (usually cruisers) like to spend time sailing nude, but racing???? hmmm... ouch, but, that might be something worth trying at least once... ;) "

So, what does NOOD, sounds like nude, stand for anyways???
- National Offshore One-Design -
So, in a NOOD race, our J/105 team races on a J/105 against other J/105 teams on their J/105s. makes sense, right ;)
I mean, why race against a boat that isn't the same...

So, here we are, first day in St. Pete (short for St. Petersburg, FL), putting the sailboat in the waters of Tampa Bay, after a short ride from Naples trailering the sailboat with myself, John, Jim, and Ken a close knit together group in the back seat ;) and Rob and Sandy up front. We all had great laughs that morning listening to Larry the Cable Guy...
http://www.larrythecableguy.com/
hysterical!!
Well, we better git-r-done!!!!
The pics from St. Pete are thanks to Jim Dickey. Thank you Jim!!!!
although, I can take some credit for these two, since I snapped 'em ;)

No comments: