Wednesday, May 27, 2009

It's going to be a long summer....

It's not even June yet, and I put the AC on the sailboat tonight.
mid 80s and humid on the sailboat at 9:30pm was just not going to be good sleeping conditions.
Rainy season has also come upon us early this year too with rains starting in mid-May. a few weeks earlier than I expected and I didn't get the leaks sealed up...
Had to go through the sailboat this past weekend and take a lot of clothes off the boat, Goodwill or other bound. With leaks setting in, there's no room for too many clothes. Some new leaks have started to get my cookbooks too :(
A big storm blew threw at midnight last night. healed the boat over at the dock, shook the mast for a minimum of 30 minutes non-stop, lots of lightening, torrential rain.
It's 11pm this next night, and I hear thunder again :(
Not sure I can take another summer of being freaked out by lightening storms.
Thinking of sleeping in the salon tonight. With the AC on and the curtains, perhaps I won't hear or see the storm so much as when I'm in the v-birth...
Nights like last night make me think moving into a land-yacht (my friend's Airstream) might be a nice idea... Camera got soaked, accidentally, in last night's storm. Hope it works so I can photo Airstream rehab ;)

No comments: