Friday, May 01, 2009

The Owl

The happiness I feel within bursts without and I see beauty everywhere.
Even in the city skyline built of manufactured environment in hopes of happiness.
They are all beautiful beings within searching for happiness without.

The wonderful windy breeze brings coolness through the sailboat.
I lay with a feeling of weightlessness and hear two owls conversing in the distance.
I wonder what they are saying.
One then draws very near.
I peer out through the darkness into the sky above.
Perched on the top of SV Athena's mast, the owl hoots some more.
Then swoops and soars into the night...


Is there a significance to the owl? or is it all just random......
Perhaps there is only significance if it helps us in our journey.
it is difficult for me not to want to see the connection between the sailboat, SV Athena, so named after the goddess that was said to often be seen as or with an owl...
not to mention the very tattoo artistically placed on my back of a sailboat with an owl (the Athenian owl) sitting on the spreaders from the mast.
At the very least, what seeing the owl really brings to mind is one of the reasons I was thinking of leaving Fort Myers... and, that is, because I thought I was missing out on seeing wildlife (the natural kind) by living in the "city."
The beautiful owl in the pic is from my friends lovely Lynne and rad Russell. Thank you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sure your comment, "Perhaps there is only significance if it helps us in our journey" hits the closest to the truth. You need to realize it is helping tap into your deeper intuitive feelings.
Love,
Mom