Sunday, October 04, 2009

New Crew??

The last couple of weeks Pirate Peppermint Patty and I have been learning to live with a new crew-mate...
San Carlos.
He is a cutie, and loves organic baby mashed peas as much as Peppermint Patty does...
but, he is a kitten. and, I'm not sure the sailboat is big enough for me, Peppermint Patty, and San Carlos!
It's harder than ever to keep the sailboat clean, as he loves to dart around, knock things off of everywhere, attack the hanging storage nets, and tear trash bags to shreds spilling trash everywhere, which then gets batted about... there also appears to be an issue with the two cats sharing the litter box. And, my friends, you can imagine that a 30 foot sailboat is no place for two sets of food bowls and two cat litter boxes! Lots of sharing and small space living is required.
I had thought that Peppermint Patty might want a friend, some company... but, now I'm not so sure... she hasn't taken too kindly to the new arrival. She bats at him any chance she can get.
:(

2 comments:

MaryT said...

Don't lose heart. If they are able to sit this close without killing each other or even beating each other up there is still hope.

Tim said...

I agree. I regret not having a playmate for my cat Gale. Even though they might tolerate each other, I'm sure they are glad to have one another in the long run.

Besides, it's good to have a spare of everything on a boat...LOL!