Thursday, November 19, 2009

At first what seemed a good idea...

Turned out to be a very bad idea...
The new kitten crew, as cute as he was, didn't end up working out.
Pirate Peppermint Patty (PPP), staged a coup.
Although she didn't have the means to make San Carlos kitten walk the plank, she continued to be "pissed" about the new addition, and took matters into her own paws by peeing over just about every inch of the sailboat.
Many "free-time" hours spent cleaning and re-cleaning and throwing out items that could not be salvaged from PPP's plot to force San Carlos kitten off the sailboat.
It was frustrating, because after all, I don't own much to begin with. Not to mention my poor new cushion covers that I just made a little over a year ago!!! I'm trying to salvage them by using Natures Miracle and hanging them out in the strong Florida sun.
It is/was just "stuff" however; and really all that matters in life is our relationships with other beings, be them animals or people, whom are just other animals.
In the process I discovered a cool cat site, www.catfaeries.com
I bought some Feliway, pheromone spray and flower essences in an effort to return harmony to the sailboat.
See pic for all the products I've been using...
I especially love the flower essence, which describes it's self as follows: "the vibration or healing energy of a flower which has been imprinted in water."
This is so fascinating to one who is interested in or involved with energy healing for people and animals! I love it!
At any rate, San Carlos kitten was adopted by a nice family.
As I was sad returning to the sailboat, it wasn't minutes after my return that Peppermint Patty was happily sprinting back and forth across the sailboat with what seemed a huge smile of glee on her face, suddenly finding interest in her toys again.
It was amazing. It was like she instantly knew he was gone...
and she was ecstatic about it!
A self that I hadn't seen in her in weeks had returned.
I could finally pick her up, hold her, and pet her.
We are a happy family again :)
Still a little more cleaning to do...
but, it's just stuff and things. Nothing compared to the well being of my crew.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! How much they really must know from just our mannerisms and scents!