Friday, March 30, 2007

Kayaked over to White Horse Key

A full day bookended by two nights spent anchored at Panther Key. I took advantage of the time i gave myself and went for a morning kayak over to White Horse Key, a mangrove island that has a beach that looks inviting from afar...

On the way to White Horse Key, I came upon a 2+ foot shark that was right in front of the kayak as I passed through this very narrow channel... I wasn't quick enough to snap a photo of him though. I think it was a Bull Shark.


On the way back to the sailboat, I saw a bunch of Great Egrets hanging out in the mangroves. Not sure if this picture will open up well enough for you to see the ten egrets in the tops of the mangroves...




I also stopped and enjoy the tiny beach on the north side of Hog Key.
It seems we all long to visit uninhabited islands...
Why is that do you think?
I think we all have uninhabited islands in our minds, and when we reach them, when we find the moments where we expereince everything around us as beautiful and our cares and worries do not bother us in that moment, then, we experience a calm peacefulness, though our physical bodies have not traveled.

No comments: