Thursday, October 18, 2007

Big Remodeling Project - Day 2

Here's day two of the big remodeling project.
Not necessarily two days later...
After all the cutting, I needed to head to the hardware store for some longer screws to put into place new supports for the new access boards. To increase the attachment, I used some liquid nails.
Then to try and hide some of the imperfections (determined not possible), I attempted to use wood filler... This worked for at least smoothing over holes from where previous drawer supports had been removed. Hiding the cut imperfections, that was impossible. oh well. such is life ;)
While the wood filler was set to harden, I started working on the drawers. The face plate of the drawers i had to unscrew and pry off... not always with perfect success, but, we're not going for perfectionism here ;) and, actually, at first i was thinking i would dismantle the drawers completely, but now I'm actually starting to rethink that.
Once the three drawer faces were off, I sanded them to make them a little nicer for re staining, since, once hinged, the inside of the once drawer face will be visible. The inside drawer face on the right in this picture is sanded and the other two are yet to be sanded.
I think I should do a photo shoot for Dewalt...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm (Peppermint Patty's input)

1 comment:

Mary said...

your dad has been playing with wood filler all over the place too for the new "old cabinets" in the cellar. It seems to be a rather slow process.