Thursday, October 18, 2007

Special Fittings...

So, Athena's engine has had a leaky fuel hose for some time... okay, close to pretty much over a year now... Captain John found a fittings place and offered to have them make special fittings for me so I can fix my leaky fuel hose. They're special push on fittings...
I measured and cut the fuel hose, and pushed on the fittings... I then attached to engine and fuel filter... and, bled the engine. I wasted perhaps less than a 1/4 cup of fuel to bleed the engine. It was a triumph. Except for the fact that I drained my batteries listening to my radio all day and then had to shore power recharge the batteries to start the engine... she started right up!! ran her for an hour. next todo was to buy a radio that ran off shore power. oh how i wish i had a good solar panel...

1 comment:

Mary said...

Yeah! on bleeding the engine sucessfully! How much do solar panels run for? We have trash containers on campus that are run by solar panels. I am not even sure why trash containers need energy but we do have these solar panel trash containers now.