Sunday, March 02, 2008

It is March and all...

It's been two months since SV Athena has been off the dock, and it's more than past time! We head out tomorrow! So, much work to do getting her ready to go. Been trickle charging the batteries. they were up to 12.90 for the house batteries and 12.72 for the starter battery. Not terrific, but okay. Ran Athena's engine for 35 minutes. Waited a half hour and checked the batteries. house were up to 13.14, and starter was up to 13.13. yae :) that must mean the alternator is working... Russell and I had been having some difficulty getting that alternator to sit right.
I was also actually able to convince a friend to come sailing too :)
But, he's allergic to cats... so, I took apart the wet vac, cleaned it out and proceeded to vacuum the boat. I've been meaning to clean that darn wet vac for forever. What better excuse :)
I also filled the forward water tank and as I was in the process of doing that, I thought I would take a peak in the Anchor locker... good thing I did! It was full of water! Guess I know yet another task to do... I tried to unplug the drain... ended up bailing the anchor locker. Glad I checked that...
There's another cold front coming down, but hopefully we'll get some good sailing in our favor as the winds slowly clock around the next two days...

1 comment:

Mary said...

It's Wednesday and I hope you have had a great time sailing! I'm jealous, of course, since we have had heavy rain for the last 24 hours.