Thursday, March 06, 2008

Yellow Crowned Night Herons

I just love the birds at the marina. They are so beautiful.
The yellow crowned night herons are one of my favorite.
They frequent the area of the marina like the little green herons do too.
Although the little greens hang out more on the dock lines and the yellow crowns stay mostly to the mangrove fringes.
The wildlife is simply amazing. I hear dolphins feeding at night around the boats. I see dolphins feeding at low tide in the shallows. I hear splashes on the hull as Atlantic spade fish try to eat growth off the side of my boat... Fish splashing all night long as I drift into sleep.
It's so special and I am so fortunate to be in this spot, even though at times I feel so secluded and far from my friends.
click on this pic to enlarge and see the beautiful detail of this bird.

1 comment:

Mary said...

That pic of the yellow crowned is so spectacular! It brings back the thrill of seeing them live in the marina when I was there.