Tuesday, June 03, 2008

So, I finally connected the fuel gauge...

After almost two years... I finally connected the fuel gauge!
With proper fuel tank vent hose (non-see-through) now installed, I can no longer use visuals for determining if the tank is full. No, I have never overfilled through the tank vent hose to the water!!! but, you'd be surprised how many people do.... perhaps mostly motor boaters... excuse my stereotyping... but sailboaters are more likely to be too stingy to actually fill up the fuel tank for an auxiliary engine!
I have been keeping the fuel tank topped off though, due to lingering fear over previous air/fuel issues... no time like the present to start testing her out I suppose and watching the fuel gauge dip...
Pic on top left is wiring connection to level gauge in fuel tank. Pic on top right is wiring up of the fuel gauge indicator. Russell drilled the hole for the fuel gauge indicator over one of the many existing holes in this area of the boat. Who knows what all those holes use to go to...
Pic on bottom left is installed and turned on showing a pretty full tank!

3 comments:

Mary said...

How much a gallon is fuel for the engine costing you now? Many are not filling up their car tanks either because it is like money not being put to good use.

Zen Jen said...

I've managed to find diesel for $4.75 per gallon... but, that's today, 6/4/08, may not be tomorrow!

Mary said...

That $4.75 is actually pretty good compared to the prices we have had here lately. $4.89 seems to be the norm for the last week or so.