Thursday, May 22, 2008

Ding Dong...

So, I should have been connecting the fuel gauge... but, I got "distracted" doing other things...
Like installing a new bell :)
And, the rest of the day was spent drilling new holes in the boat... Actually, I was drilling very near the boat hull and the day was very stressful because of such. I was working in tight places and sometimes the drill would just catch and run away from me, with my heart clenching as I prayed the drill would not accidentally drill through the boat hull... I drilled three new holes to run a new cable from the VHF unit to a remote mic. This took much reworking as the winding this way and that from VHF unit, through four different storage chambers, the bilge, the engine room, and finally the aft storage, quickly used up the available length of cable. The first trial run, was not the last... This project is not yet complete, but almost!
The boat quickly became a disaster area as lots of "stuff" was removed from the various storage areas to do the drilling and run the new cable. I almost wanted to run from the boat to escape, but, I stuck to it and cleaned her back up again. then Patty and I relaxed and watched Pirates of the Caribbean, At World's End.
Life is starting to get a little more difficult in the marina. heat, humidity, mosquitoes, and no-see-ums are abounding. It was 80 degrees F in the boat when I awoke this morning. Trying hard not to put the A/C in just yet, but the fan at night is not quite keeping the bugs away from feasting... particularly since I haven't yet made screens for the boat...

1 comment:

Mary said...

Patty looks like she is getting ready to ring that bell!