Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Trail Angels on the Trail of Life

As I was writing my last post on friends as great examples of compassion, I was reminded of two other trail angels on the trail of my life. Brian & Beth, very fondly known as B&B.
The night before I was to leave for my trip back "home" to MA, all kinds of karma was flying around me; at the time I thought it was bad. Time then passed and upon reflection I realized the karma was likely good karma in a strange package. The Universe protects us in unexpected ways by means that may not seem to have a positive pull, not to mention my angels know I can be very stubborn and it takes some working to get me to change a set course!!!!
Having returned home from work after a very strong thunderstorm had passed, there was no power to the sailboat, which meant no AC for the cats. During FL summer, it's much too hot for the cats to be left on the boat without AC. As the rain continued, I attempted to get power back to the boat to no avail. Scrambling to finish all tasks to leave for vacation, the time grew too late for me to drive to the east coast, the first leg of my trip home to MA. At 10pm, B&B took me and the cats in. Me for one short night, and the cats for a week. The next morning I drove to the east coast; I saw a number of bad accidents on the roadways. I believe there was reason my angels didn't want me driving that night before. Upon return home after the week in New England, the power was mysteriously returned to the sailboat.


While I was away, the cats did play, and Beth let me know that I could take the cat out of the boat, but I couldn't take the boat out of the cat ! I guess Patty wants to go kayaking ;)




And, as usual, words cannot express how grateful I am for B&B.
They are two very important trail angels on the trail of my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome!! We love ya' and that's what friends are for!!