Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Tropical Storm Ernesto Preparation

I learned a buddhist meditation last week that I absolutely love. I see every day how the meditation can be done within one's self, and even how it manifests outside our selves and into our actions.
Simply, the meditation is wishing and breathing away the pain and suffering of others and breathing back compassion and the light of love, all the while destroying one's own ego.

Expect nothing in return for your compassion and no ego is yours.
Friends are amazing examples of compassion.
With the help of my friend Capt. John, Athena was secured in prep for Tropical Storm Ernesto.

I learned about cow hitches (which were promptly renamed tofu hitches, in the name of veganism!), proper tie placement on pilings, proper tensioning of lines, preferred types of lines, etc. etc.
Pulled off the dock a mere 4 feet, it may as well have been 50, because that was just enough to sit fear like lead in my feet from stepping off the boat and onto the dock.

Capt. John, Thank you for the hand.

There is nothing that warms the heart like the light of love from a friend.

No comments: