Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Fuel Leaks Fuel Leaks

Fuel leak fun never ends...
Saturday 12-30-06: changed two bolts on the new fuel filter on the engine and four associated copper crush rings (two each bolt); changed out one more fuel line on the engine; and, the biggest job of the day, changed out the racor fuel filter. This was no easy task and definitely was not a clean job. I'm sure I smelled of diesel for the rest of the day...
But, once complete, I couldn't have felt better about having done the job myself.
Unfortunately, there is an orientation to one of the fuel hoses that i'm not happy about and couldn't seem to change, and there is still a leak in one of the connections in the fuel line.

As usual, Patty was under foot. She wanted to be near me the whole time I was working. In the picture she is sitting on top of the battery box down in the starboard locker, the new Racor Fuel Filter next to her. At one point curiosity got her stuck in the stern storage compartment. She had squeezed herself through a whole, probably about 4 inches in diameter, and for some reason she couldn't get herself back through ! I had to stop what I was doing and "rescue" her through the top of the compartment, not an easy task with everything piled all over the boat from the starboard locker that I had to get into to work on the engine !

No comments: