Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Galley Sink Hose...

After splash, now in the water, thru-hull valve for galley sink closed...
I temporarily stuck a hose onto the thru-hull. Getting a new hose onto the thru-hull valve not very easy.... and, I had to run out to help a friend. So, I "stuck a cork in it," zip-tied up to the faucet hose to keep above the water line, and went on my way, praying that she stayed afloat... thru-hull valve still closed....
Upon return the next day I made numerous attempts to get the hose onto the thru-hull further than previous attempts... I noticed during my efforts that the valve does leak a little water by, even closed... bruised and battered again and using all sorts of lubricants... I gave up at 1 inch instead of 1.25 inches onto the thru-hull valve, just sufficient to get two hose clamps to secure the hose to the valve. The adjacent thru-hull valve with black hose is one of the cockpit drains.

New hose installed, I then installed the old sink back in, opened the thru-hull valve, and she's working...
Leaving her again to sit on my mind hoping my new hose holds...

No comments: