Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Patty and Plants...

Living on the sailboat, I've been missing shrubbery!
One of my friends for the holidays gave me Paperwhite blubs, which I've been trying to grow but is difficult with Peppermint Patty around... see pic on left of her munching their tips!
This past weekend I decided to purchase a couple more plants, a staghorn fern (which are very popular in florida) and a boston fern. Patty likes to nibble the boston fern, see pic on right.
Ya, they may not be very practical on the sailboat... but, I'm enjoying them all the same. I'll have to come up with a plan for securing them better. I'm thinking of getting some orchids and bromiliads too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

May seem impractical but I saw a whole vegetable garden on a boat when I was traveling in Amsterdam! At least it will amuse Patty. Just be careful to find out which plants may be poisonous to her.
Love,
Mom

Zen Jen said...

was it a sailboat....?