Sunday, February 08, 2009

Somehow I managed to...

First night back on the sailboat after traveling for a few days...

Somehow I managed to leap out of bed from the v-birth and dash into the salon area to find out what the strange noises were that I heard of potential water leaks...
before I woke up... standing in the middle of my salon....

It's been a while since I've slept walk to my knowledge... kinda freaky when one lives on a boat...

I did have a great time traveling to Charlotte, North Carolina. Traveled for work but got to spend some time with a family friend. We ate at some great places as follows:
The Kabob Grill, a Mediterranean restaurant. www.kabobgrill.com
yummy vegetarian combo of hummus, tabbouleh, baba ghannouj, falafel, spinach pie, yalanji and potato harra.
The Pewter Rose Bistro. www.pewterose.com
Had fantastic vegetarian lasagna with butternut squash.

As we were leaving dinner from the Bistro, an awesome duet was singing a wonderful song from Toad the Wet Sprocket that for some reason always fills me with the desire to go sailing...

"we spotted the ocean at the head of the trail
where are we going, so far away
and somebody told me that this is the place
where everything's better, everything's safe
walk on the ocean
step on the stones
flesh becomes water
wood becomes bone
and half and hour later we packed up our things
we said we'd send letters and all those little things
and they knew we were lying but they smiled just the same
it seemed they'd already forgotten we'd came

now we're back at the homestead
where the air makes you choke
and people don't know you
and trust is a joke
we don't even have pictures
just memories to hold
that grow sweeter each season
as we slowly grow old"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was really neat about the duet singing that song. Sounds like you enjoyed your time with Cathy.