Thursday, November 27, 2008

More Handrail Work...

Well, I finally had to give up on sanding the handrails.
Trying to get them beautifully smooth is about to make them disappear... and, unfortunately, I think I sanded too much and had them off the boat too long, because... they cracked upon re-installation :(

After looking at the price of new handrails... I wish I'd done that sooner, I should've/could've/ would've bought new ones. but, hind sight is always 20-20 for sure!
for now... I've reinstalled the current rails, and instead of spending more valuable time varnishing cracked rails, I just got out the two-part epoxy!
Pic on the bottom right is port side rail reinstalled.
Had help from new friends to get the rails on, which required holding top deck while installing screws from below...
Thank you Mike!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The picture of the rail up close looks realy nice. Too bad it split.
Love,
Mom