Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Enjoying the New Dock

Since docking from the 8 day trip a little over a week ago, I've been working every day straight. It's already difficult to imagine that I even had any time off. It feels years ago.
It seems surreal that I was on SV Athena for 192 hours straight except for a one hour jaunt to Panther Key.
Even more surreal that the first time I stepped on land in the year 2009, it was January 4th!
The really weird thing thinking back, is that the first time I got in my car after returning, and driving down the street... I felt claustrophobic. Hard to believe I felt claustrophobic in the car on the road when I'd just spent 8 days on a 30 foot sailboat.
That evening driving back to Punta Gorda to pick up the car left behind, it was difficult to believe we were missing the sunset... We'd only just watched them for 8 days straight. It's sad. It seems difficult now to make and take the time to enjoy. I just don't understand how this working life is "real" life.
Anyways, as usual, I digress ;)
Peppermint Patty and I did steal one evening over this past weekend to enjoy being at the new dock on a beautiful evening.
It was such a beautiful evening, I did feel that we were stealing time, or more like lost in time.
The floating dock has been nice since we've had at least a couple good cold fronts come through that would have kicked our butt again had we stayed at the shallow fixed dock in Punta Gorda.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Patty looks like she is enjoying her new dock!!! and digs!!! She seems right at home. We all wonder about that real life thing but partly it is because we have something wonderful in our life besides work that makes us wonder that. Some don't have anything but work in their life and how sad for them.