Monday, July 17, 2006

Bristol 29.9


As I was skimming over my entries to date, I noticed I failed to indicate the type of Bristol sailing vessel -soon to be- Athena is...
She is a Bristol 29.9 having a LOA (length overall) of 29 feet 11 inches and LWL (waterline length) of 24 feet and draft of 4 feet 4 inches.
Her hull ID number identifies her as built in 1978 and being the 74th hull constructed in the 29.9 series. There were 216 of the 29.9's built between 1977 and 1986. The Bristol 29.9 was designed by Halsey Herreshoff, grandson of the famous Captain Nat Herreshoff. Designed for successful racing under MORC and IOR, which are handicap systems for sailboat racing. International Offshore Rule (IOR). Midget Ocean Racing Fleet (MORC).

2 comments:

Mary said...

Cool sunset photo of the Athena. Can't wait to sail on her.

Anonymous said...

Wow she was born the same year as me!