Wednesday, July 05, 2006

For the love of cats & from retro sticky paper to bristol beige paint








One of my priority tasks before moving onto the sailboat with my two cats (Fluff-a-nutter, as in the sandwich, and Peppermint Patty, as in a cool breeze on the top of a mountain), is to remove all the retro sticky paper, clean off all the old sticky goo from the sticky paper, and paint, the color of which I selected "Bristol Beige", since Athena is a Bristol sailboat :)
The pics show an example of some of the retro sticky paper and a storage area after sticky paper removed, cleaned, and painted !
My goal in getting this done, although not necessarily required for living or sailing, is to have nice places to store stuff on the boat as I move on, and also to avoid exposing the cats later on to the nasty paint fumes, and the paint fumes from boat paint tend to be, i believe, a wee bit nastier than house paint...

No comments: