Monday, July 31, 2006

New Portlights - No more "Rainboat"


It seemed the weather would never cooperate between removal of old portlights and installation of new...






It took about two weeks in between, but we've got all new lenses in the portlights :)


Each large portlight has 16 bolts. For the six large portlights, 96 bolts needed to be screwed ;)


For two single women (myself and Vicki), there sure was a lot of caulk on our hands and a lot of screwing going on ;p

For the next few days my fingers were going comfortably numb...

I was a little embarrassed to have plastic bags taped with blue painters tape on my portlights for so... long !
The portlights were definitely a two person task and Vicki motivated me to get these done when it seemed I had no energy left. She even stuck it out through no-see-um and mosquito time to get them done ! I am grateful to Vicki for helping seal the "rainboat." We also saw many rainbows over those two weeks...

and, yes, those are bananas hanging in the new nets, although for some reason bananas are considered bad luck on boats... Not sure I'm buying that one ;p

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I read the joke!! Very funny...hope your hands have recovered from all that caulk and screwing. I have to say that you and Vicki have reached a new level of friendship with all that 'activity' on the boat!!

Anonymous said...

Oh...I forgot to add...banana hammocks?! Geez, it's all about the subtle jokes here!! Too funny, we always know that we can depend on you for those!

Zen Jen said...

guilty as charged ;p
tee hee hee ;)