Thursday, July 20, 2006

Go with the flow ~~~~~

It's amazing how living on a sailboat makes one inherently more adaptable. I live in a space most would consider unbearable. I've minimized to those things most important to me. I've realized there really are things that are just plain out of my control. I've learned to give up on perfectionism, there's no such thing when working on an old boat.
When sailing, and even overall, one is at the mercy of the Earth herself.

Or, perhaps I have this backwards.
Perhaps I, and even the Earth, have been too accommodating at times...

I'm not sure where this journey is leading. I'm sure there are many unforeseen changes in the currents and in the direction of the winds. But, I do look forward to the adventure. It seems to get better every day that I let go and go with the flow ~~~~~

Simple Abundance abounds with the soothing sound of raindrops on the deck above as one is wisked to sleep in the waves.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Paying attention to the winds is a critical aspect of sailing. One is dependent on a power not seen. We believe in the wind because of the effect we see around us on the world. Sometimes the wind is fierce and ferocious, sometimes gentle and soft, always variable. Similarly, faith in a higher power is dependent on observing the flow of our life. It too can have fierce and ferocious effects sometimes brought on by our own heating up of our living environment. Other times life goes on in a gentle way. It is important to notice those times too and enjoy...

Anonymous said...

Wow,so ZEN I'm impressed!I have met so many experienced sailors that have no idea what the big picture is "out there" yet you seem to be on a true course.

It's a treat watching you focus on the total conection in a day and age of short attention spans and instant gratification.

I know your determination will pay off when you get offshore and feel Athena come to life. Zen and the art of sailing is hard to explain yet once you get there, like in meditaion it's a wonderful place!

Nameste,(and have a nice day) Russell