Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Plastic Specialties


I took my old lenses from my portlights to a family-owned business in Naples. They were very helpful and I got to see the cutting machine in action !!!
http://www.plasticspecialtiesofflorida.com/

Steve (pictured) and Carrie Gnerre helped put to rest the debate of Plexiglas vs. Lexan. It appears that Lexan didn't use to last as long in the sun compared to Plexiglas, although Lexan is known to be stronger. They filled me in that there have been advances in recent years for Lexan and there is now a UV coating on Lexan to protect it from sun degradation! I also definitely preferred the light tint of Lexan compared to the darker tint of Plexiglas. Lexan it is !!!! I can't wait to get my new portlight lenses in and hopefully seal up the "rainboat."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Went to the plastics website. They have some really cool furniture pieces.