Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Eve 2007

Christmas Eve is always the bigger day of the holiday in my family. Usually my mom and dad serve dinner at their house for as many relatives and friends as arrive on the Eve of Christmas.
Last year was the first in three years since I'd been home for Christmas since moving to Florida. This year I'm back to staying in Florida for the holidays with no visits home.
As evening drew closer, the more I thought about it, the sadder I became to not be with my family on this eve.
To ward off sadness, lovely Lynne and rad Russell invited me for Christmas Eve dinner, and so I headed over to their beautiful palace hidden within Naples.
I received a new book I haven't been hardly able to put down since...
"Eat Pray Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert.
Here I am in the pic eating and praying, but still waiting for that luv part to happen..........
although, truthfully, even though the love shared with a significant other hasn't been in my life lately, when I look into my own eyes, I see love, for I am surrounded by love and I share love with many wonderful friends around me, far from me, and those that may not even yet know me. and, of course, there is the love I share with my family, which continues to grow each day as my close friends become more and more like family to me.
Merry Christmas everyone.
From my heart warm wishes radiate for inner peace, happiness, and freedom from the suffering of loneliness this holiday season.

Click and take a closer look at the picture with the glass. If you knew him, you will understand. It is wonderful that Fluff keeps showing himself to me even though he has left this life.

Note, my blouse is another cool Tallahassee Goodwill find :)

Lynne & Russell's new kitten, Kobe, enjoyed present unwrapping as much as everyone else.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Not sure I understand the glass picture but it does remind me of the time the Fluff climbed quietly up the middle of my Christmas tree with the tree lights making his belly glow!

Zen Jen said...

Look at the box in the bottom left of the picture. the cat on the box looks like the Fluff.