Sunday, December 09, 2007

Covering the Cushions

Well, I've decided to attack the cushions once more. Foolish me thought a cute pattern would do the trick... I should have stuck to the recommended solids only on a small boat. The original fabric, still on some of the cushions, is the plaid design, which can be seen on one of the cushions squished into my car in the photo on the left.
I've been dreaming dreamily of ultrasuede... but, at $60 per yard, that probably won't happen in this life, so... I had resigned myself to covering the cushions in a Sunbrella of light blue. Packed up the cushions into the car to bring to Brian & Beth's place so I have some room to sew, and then headed to JoAnn's to purchase needed sewing supplies. At JoAnn's, I found that the mock imitation faux suede that normally sells for $22 per yard, was on sale half price...

So, I picked a bunch of that beautiful fabric up in a nice dark blue. It's no ultrasuede, but I think it will add a nice touch to the boat.
I'll be using my old sewing machine I brought to SWFL via carry-on the last time I flew from MA. Beth is letting me borrow her wicked cool circle cutting tool. I've always wanted one of those! I haven't sewn in a while, so this should be an experience... Good thing I have help! Thank you Dex ;)

No comments: