Thursday, December 20, 2007

First Sail of the Season

Went sailing... FINALLY!! Yae!!!
Special thanks to my hero, Russell.
We tightened up the cutlass bearing, checked the engine temperature, and Russell so graciously jumped in the water and cleaned the very barnacle-ly prop!
I attempted to get into the water, but my fear of deep water was preventing the splash. One of these days I'm going to have to overcome that fear and start cleaning the bottom of my boat...
Anyways, away we went. It was a beautiful day!!
The wind was light, so we used the "whisker pole..."
Some dolphins, those usually hanging around marker 2, swam around us as we were coming back into port. Camera wasn't clicking fast enough to catch them out of water, three playing along in the beautiful day.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I can hardly wait to be down there! We are getting more snow today. Picture post card perfect but what a pain to drive in. Can't wait to see the newly covered cushions and perhaps catch a glimpse of those dolphins!