Thursday, November 23, 2006

Almost Ready to Go...

I'm almost ready to go. It's 11:30am on Thanksgiving morning.
The only things left to do are to acquire a little more ice and a little more diesel fuel.
The stores of food are fully stocked. I've got cantalope, bananas (even though some people think bananas are unlucky on a boat, i just can't imagine not having bananas!!), pineapples (2), pumpkins (2), butternut squash, acorn squash (2), pears, apples, cucumber, lettuce, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, green and red peppers, celery, vegan fruit/nut bars, lots and lots of granola, canned fruit, soy milk, chips, soda, water water water water..., wheat thins, etc.
Had quite a fun time in the grocery store last night. I love grocery shopping for a trip !!!
And, I hope to break out the solar oven this weekend!
Last night I also cleaned the boat.
This morning I tippy topped off the fuel tank, put the kayak on the sailboat, took the 4 Hp off the dinghy and secured it onto the stern rail of the sailboat, attached the dinghy to the stern of the sailboat, mounted the GPS Chartplotter, plotted way points to Panther Key (where I'm meeting Lynn & Russell, checked the tides on the GPS Chartplotter which has this cool tide function, filled the center fresh water tank, checked to make sure the water pumped would pump more than just water and yes it does!, whistled at the darn Osprey, watched 50 Woodstorks circling in the sky and take off in two v's, watched a dolphin come into the marina behind the sailboat, did some more organizing, finished charging up batteries, fixed the running light wires that Patty keeps pulling out from behind the access hatch to the bow, photo documented low tide around the marina to learn the shallows, cleaned a few remaining dishes, took a shower after two days of not showering ;)
and... I think I'm about ready to go...
Scheduled for Brian, Beth, and Dexter to help see and push me off at 12:45pm...
I'll update this post with pictures when I return. I forgot to bring the firewire with me to download photos off my camera from this morning.
Blessed Thanksgiving everyone.
It's a most beautiful day here in Southwest Florida :)

No comments: