Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Battery & Solar Power

So, before I make the decision of how I'm going to go about making the choice of propane or electric stove, I need to take a look at power draws, my ability to store power, and my ability to recharge my stored power.
I found a web page about deep cycle batteries...
http://www.amplepower.com/primer/eq/
Concurring with what Russell told me, they state that "As a rule, it is best not to discharge batteries more than about 50% of their rated Amp-hour capacity."
Apparently the book recommended by the website, "Living on 12 Volts with Ample Power, has been a marine best-seller for over 10 years and is a must for anyone seriously interested in electrical and refrigeration systems"... and even recommended by Nigel Calder... hmmm....
Perhaps I will invest in this book.

No comments: