Monday, November 27, 2006

Back to the Marina

Heading back to the marina from Panther Key, the day started out looking nice with off-shore winds... As I got out from Panther Key channel and started heading north, the weather started to look a little more ominous.
About a half hour north of Panther Key, I looked back and it appeared to be raining in the area from which I came. It looked eerily like a nasty cold front, so I took the jib in a little bit. With all the barnacles on the bottom of Athena, dragging a dinghy, and jib reefed, we were sailing at about 3 to 3.5 knots.
Still a little uneasy about the engine, it was a stressful motor into Coon Key channel and into the marina... The longest hour ever... Hopefully this will get less stressful as I log the hours "sailing the Athena."

No comments: