Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Awaiting Parts...

While awaiting parts, I try to work on other small projects (like installing the second fire extinguisher in the galley beneath the sink). It's funny, I have a really difficult time moving on to another project while the engine is torn apart, even when I'm at a point I can't really go further. It's all I can do to get my mind to focus on something other than the disaster at hand. But, move on to other things we must. Can't waste time sitting around...
However, must leave some time for relaxing! spending evenings with Peppermint Patty.
Too tired and sore to do anything else but enjoy the beautiful surroundings.
It's a good reminder to me to stop and take moments.
Sometimes I rush around too much, going here, going there, out out and about. I suppose often times trying to fight that feeling of loneliness I get being at the marina, which is so wonderfully remote, but also, remote.
Not that I'm not watched over every day by my neighbors that call me sunshine, captain, or sweetie ;)
We may not all hang out together all the time, but we have lots of in-passing dock, parking lot, or laundry room conversations :)
Once settled into the groove of whittling away at boat projects, it's easier for me to deal with being alone so much of the time, course I've been spending a good part of it at the West Marine, hardware, and engine parts stores that all know me by first name... scary!

No comments: