Monday, May 19, 2008

Universe is trying to break me?

I think the universe is trying to break me.
It's been over a month since I discovered the pinhole leaks in Athena's engine's waterlock.
Before leaving for travel for a couple weeks, I attempted to order a new waterlock. I went to West Marine. They were going to have to special order it, so they suggested I try another place, Marine Trading Post. So, I ordered the part through Marine Trading Post, since they didn't have in stock either. I requested they order the part so I would have it the day I returned from travel....
Upon return from travel, I called Marine Trading Post to check on the part... that, they never ordered! they suggested that "we agreed" to my calling them when I returned from vacation to order the part. ya? whatever! they tried to order the part, but now it was not in stock and would take 4+ days to get in. I told them not to order it. I had asked them to order it before I traveled for this very reason. I went back to West Marine and ordered the part through them.
Four-ish days later the part has arrived. I go and pick it up. Unfortunately, I've order the part through a not so convenient West Marine location and fuel costs are a pretty penny now-a-days.
The next day, the old part now disassembled, I open the box to the new part and discover that what I ordered and paid for, was NOT in the box!!! Instead I found two four-inch diameter fiberglass elbows and exhaust thru-hull (see pic on right).
I try to do the return through the closer West Marine store, but they tell me I can't. So, back up to the inconvenient West Marine. They call the vendor and the vendor agrees to send the correct part overnight. This is a Wednesday.
The next day, no call from West Marine. The next day, still no call. Still no call the day after that. I go into West Marine the following day. They have not received the part and it's Sunday, so they don't offer to do much.
I go in the following morning, now Monday. They call the vendor and UPS and finally track down the box at a further away West Marine. I offer to go get the part. I go, open the box, and, it's not the right waterlock/muffler :(
I drive home defeated. This amongst my car being towed to the shop the day previous and finding out this day that the repair is going to cost me $500. This also being the 5th time I've taken the car into the shop in as many months.
I drive home feeling defeated, like the universe is really trying it's best to break me.
Upon arriving back home, West Marine calls me to tell me they've located my part. urgh.
Now awaiting for my car repair to be finished to pick up the car and boat engine part, I find out I'm going to be charged $185 for the rental car damage that occurred when my rental car was broken into during the travel mentioned previously.
I reflect on the fact that my astrological reading indicated next calendar year will be even tougher than this calendar year. Again, I'm exhausted with feeling like I can't do it and remain strong and positive. How am I going to make it through next year.
Why is the universe trying to break me?

1 comment:

Mary said...

Two thoughts: one of them statistical, all of these happenings that feel like they are out there to "break you" are simply a "cluster" of negatives in an overall life of normal bell curve happenings. Second thought: life is getting more complicated due to globalization, global warming, overpopulation, (and a few other major world effects) and several of your "errors" in trying to acquire the parts are simply a "quality control" issue which is becoming much more commonplace throughout much of our world. But the biggest point is how to keep a "bouncy ball attitude instead of a china doll attitude" to make it through the next few years of your life (also will help with the rest of your life). I simply don't look at these events as either positives or negatives specifically because I am not in the position to judge (I am not God) there value to my life overall.