Thursday, May 15, 2008

New water line

Replaced new water intake line from intake thru-hull to water pump. The old one wasn't too corroded, but decided to replace anyways. It took over an hour and a half to get the water pipe on the thru-hull fittings... Left to right pic shows the half-inch difficult section of pipe fitting...
In between efforts to get the pipe further up on the fitting, I reinstalled the water pump and closed up the aft and forward cooling water chambers... Had to take a break in between brute force and ignorance attempts at that darn fitting. much swearing like a sailor could be heard if one was standing just outside my boat on the dock... who needs a gym.
There is a little more space on the fitting I'd like to get the hose onto, but I gave up and put the two hose clamps on. This may be removed again soon anyways when I look into adding a water intake strainer.

No comments: