Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Getting ready to sail Athena... finally...

Efforts to get Athena out and sailing have been unsuccessful for quite a while now.
I attempted to order a new waterlock prior to traveling, but was foiled by the business I tried to order through. Disappointed in them, they've definitely lost my business. I should have gone with old faithful special order through West Marine.
Scroll down to "waterlock" blog entry below for reference.
While in wait again for the part to come in next week, the guys at West Marine helped me out with a temporary solution... Epoxy Aluminum Putty Stick. So, I worked this stuff and applied it to the corroded areas of Athena's engine's waterlock. Looking forward to starting up the engine after 24 hours to see how the stuff works!
Then, hopefully on to the last Panther Key raft-up with Lynne & Russell for the winter 2007/08 season!
Filled the house batteries with distilled water today and they're now on the charger for the night. Fairly happy they still had a charge of 12.7 after 2 weeks of being away.
Will need to do another check on the batteries next week for next trip... but, more on that later...

1 comment:

Mary said...

Have fun on that last trip with Lynn and Russell and send my love to both of them. They are great friends as are all of your other friends.