Sunday, May 11, 2008

Rafted at Panther Key

A wonderful weekend rafted at Panther Key with Lynne & Russell. Unfortunately it was a little buggy and hot and muggy for sleeping, signaling the end of the winter sailing season to the Everglades.
Nothing like being out on the water all the same.
Boat bound for only a little less than two days (no efforts made to leave the raft up), and even though I was anxious to get back to the dock to check the engine overheating situation, I am not thrilled to be back on land. I'm not yet quite sure how to explain it, but there are many often times when I return from sailing, that I don't feel like talking to anyone. Once docked and secured, I head out to connect on the internet, but I have little interest in making even a peep of noise with my voice. Just moving through space, listening, observing, and feeling a little displaced.

1 comment:

Mary said...

This blog posting reminds me that cats generally do not need to make sound for each other except in the exceptional situation like looking for a mate. But they develop a "language of sound" just for us humans. How much better off we might be if we simply observed rather than spouted off all kinds of sounds without thinking.