Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Getting ready to cook on Athena... finally...

The last two days I've spent problem solving new propane tank attachment...
This is what I've come up with (see pic on left).
The propane tank is a new type of tank made of fiberglass composite.
http://www.lpgastanks.com/
You can actually see the level of propane in the tank!!!! and, I think the cost is comparable to typical marine aluminum tanks...
I also installed my new circular grill. a boat neighbor of mine gave me this great grill for free!!! brand new still in the box! He got it at a garage sale for $5! He talked the guy down from $20 by noting that no one really uses these circular ones anymore with the rectangular ones being so popular... I actually had one of the rectangular ones, but when I tried to install that one (over a year ago), I found it was too big for my little boat.
For the circular grill, I just needed to purchase the extension attachment arm, which wasn't cheap...
On order for soon delivery are a new dual regulator, two valves, and another piece of hose. The new propane tank will soon be connected to the new grill, and the "new" propane stove that's been sitting unconnected unused in Athena's galley for over a year now...
I suppose it's true what an astrologist said about my personality... loves to start new things, but not necessarily good at completion ;) guess I'll just keep working at it ;p
The great thing about today is that I managed to install these over the water items without dropping any tools (or expensive parts) into the drink!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Yeah! Grilled Porta Bella Mushroom caps soon!